The Village of Cumberland is undertaking an age-friendly assessment and creating an action plan for improvement.
You can also pick up paper copy of the survey at the Village office and at Cumberland Recreation.
An age-friendly community is one that enables people of all ages to actively participate in community activities and where everyone is treated with respect, regardless of their age. In particular, it is a place that makes it easier for older people to stay connected and active in their communities.
The Village of Cumberland will review the strengths and weaknesses of the following from an age-friendly perspective:
- Public facilities, parks and key spaces in the community
- Primary transit routes and ease of “getting around” the Village
- Access to services and programs for those age 55+
- Opportunities for aging in place and within the Village overall
- Experience of aging in Cumberland – respect and inclusion
- Age-friendly policy and planning opportunities
Continue to watch cumberland.ca for news of events. We want to hear from you.Search again