The Comox Valley Airport Commission (CVAC) is currently seeking two independent community Directors who will bring senior management or related experience to the Board of Directors in
one or more of the following areas:
1. Knowledge of legal principles and practices.
2. Knowledge of the tourism sector and its role and potential in promoting economic development.
3. Financial accounting with a professional designation (e.g. CPA, CFA) and with experience or knowledge of public sector accounting principles.
4. Transportation planning, preferably with an understanding of the principles of intermodal transportation services for passengers and freight.
5. An understanding of Risk management and controls as it pertains to finance (loans, insurance, legislation,) crisis communications, and electronic technology.
Applicants should possess: a well-developed faculty for critical and strategic analysis, financial literacy, leadership skills, an understanding of the role of corporate governance and knowledge
of the Comox Valley Airport Commission.
Successful candidates will begin board duties effective February 2016.
Please respond with a letter of interest that references one or more of the areas of related experience in this posting, as well as your resume to the Comox Valley Airport Commission no later than November 16, 2015.
Find additional information about this posting at www.comoxairport.com under Job Opportunities.Search again