This website has been designed to navigate using word search.

Type what you’re looking for in the search box above.

Can’t find the right words? Try something like council meetings or water restrictions or dog licenses.

Board of Variance

This page was last reviewed on January 23, 2023.

Board of Variance

You may apply to the Board of Variance for a minor variance related to:

  • siting, dimensions and size of buildings on your property,
  • subdivision servicing requirements related to the provision of water, sewer and other systems in an area zone for agricultural or industrial use,
  • tree bylaws that prevent all uses permitted or prevent development to the density permitted in the Zoning Bylaw
  • structural alterations or additions to buildings that contain non-conforming uses.

Your application will need to demonstrate that complying with regulations related to the above would unduly restrict the use of your property and cause you hardship.

Application Process and Form

Board of Variance Bylaw

Zoning Bylaw

View agendas and minutes

Board of Variance members:

  • Debora Gurrad
  • Brian Beaudry
  • Ann Wood
Search again