This page was last reviewed on March 11, 2021.
The purpose of the Community Grant Program is to provide a limited amount of funding to assist community organizations to provide social, cultural, recreational and environmental services that benefit the residents of Cumberland. The program is not intended to provide annual operating funding.
Applications will be accepted for a minimum of $2000 in funding for community projects or services that further the Village’s strategic priorities and objectives, including:
- Healthy and accessible community
- Attainable housing
- Diverse recreation, arts and culture opportunities
- Food security
- Child care space creation
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Protection and enhancement of the natural environment
Applications will be accepted for
(a) a one-time special project or service,
(b) seed operating funding to assist with initial operations and establishing revenue sources for a new project or service, and
(c) a one-time special event or seed funding for a new special event provided that it is a community event held primarily for Cumberland residents.
The 2021 Community Grant Program budget is $10,000.
Applications must be received by Monday, March 29, 2021.
How to apply
- View the Community Grant Program Guidelines.
- Download the application form.
- Save it to your computer.
- Complete the application.
- Submit the completed application and supporting documentation by the deadline date to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organizations that receive a community grant must submit a report each year by January 31 by email. Please be sure to save your completed report to your computer before closing.
2020 Grant Allocations
Cumberland Business Society: $4,000
Cumberland Community Schools Society: $6,000
2019 Grant Allocations
Cascadia Poetics Lab: $2,000
Comox Valley Farmers Market: $2,000
Comox Valley Pipe Band Society: $1,000
Cumberland Culture and Arts Society: $2,000
Steam Donkey Racing Club: $1,000