This page was last reviewed on March 26, 2019.
Home telephone: 250-218-0321.
Email Councillor Brown
- Cumberland Accessibility Committee
- Vancouver Island Regional Library Board, trustee
- Comox Valley Regional District Integrated Transportation Regional Select Committee, liaison
- Comox Valley Community Justice Centre Board
- Cumberland Economic Development Steering Committee, alternate
- Cumberland Wastewater Advisory Committee, alternate
- Comox Valley Regional District South Sewer Select Committee, alternate liaison
A fourth generation Cumberlander, Vickey moved to the Village in 1999 and is now raising her two teenage boys here with her husband. She starts most days walking the forest trails with her golden retriever.
Vickey’s educational background is in Environmental Studies and Political Science, with a post graduate diploma in Community Economic Development. Her work experience is primarily in non-profit leadership, as well as in small business as a bookkeeper and as a small business owner.
Vickey has 20+ years’ experience in non profit leadership. In 2010 she joined the board of the Cumberland Community School Society, becoming chair in 2011 and resigned in 2014 when she was elected as school trustee for the Village of Cumberland.
She continues to volunteer for CCSS’s Santas Breakfast and Thunderballs events.
Vickey’s other passion is local food. She was the Executive Director for the Comox Valley Farmers’ Market from 2010-2017, and brought the Farmers’ Market to Cumberland in 2016. Vickey is currently the President of the BC Association of Farmers’ Markets, and was elected to the board of First Credit Union in 2018. For the past year (2018), Vickey was the Executive Director of the Cumberland Lake Wilderness Society.
Prior to being elected to council she also sat on the Economic Development Steering Committee, chaired the Advisory Planning Commission for the Village and sat on the OCP revision and bylaws update committee.
Please feel free to contact Vickey to talk about Cumberland anytime!Search again