This page was last reviewed on November 17, 2017.
Land use designations can be found in the following documents:
Please contact Planning staff at the Village Office at 250-336-2291 for more information on proposed applications. Council agendas and minutes contain staff reports and Council resolutions on development applications.
Rezoning and Official Community Plan Applications
Applications to amend the Official Community Plan Bylaw and Zoning Bylaw are considered by the Council at a public meeting. A bylaw is initially considered for first and second reading. Council is then required to schedule a public hearing for which notice is given in local newspapers. Typically, notice of a public hearing is delivered to owners of property within 75 m of the subject property. At the conclusion of a public hearing, the Council may consider third reading and adoption of the bylaw without further notice or hearing. For more information please see part 14 of the Local Government Act.
- no applications under consideration at this time
Applications for subdivision are received by the Village Approving Officer, who acts independently of the Council. The Approving Officer will consider the application under the governing Provincial legislation and Village bylaws. Lot line adjustments are considered subdivisions. View the zoning bylaw and map for current property land use designations.
- Carlisle Lane, Phase 2: (16 lots). Final approval granted June 18, 2017.
- Trilogy, Initial Subdivision (11 lots): Reapplication for initial subdivision.
- 2639 Penrith Avenue: (4 lots). Final approval granted January 22, 2017.
- Coal Valley Estates, Phase 6: (27 lots). Final approval granted.
- 3376 Mill Street: (2 lots). Final approval granted January 22, 2017.
- Maple Street. (12 lots). Preliminary layout review (PLR) granted.
- Coal Valley Estates, Phase 7: (34 lots). PLR granted.
- Coal Valley Estates, Phase 8: (22 lots). PLR granted.
- 3216 Sutton Road: (2 lots). Staff review while waiting for development permit.
- Carlisle Lane Phase 3: (8 lots). PLR granted.
- 2903 & 2905 Penrith Avenue: (2 lots). Existing house on the lots awaiting removal.
- 2817 & 2815 Ulverston Avenue: Conversion of two duplexes into 4 strata units. On hold due to Strata Conversion Policy.
- 2641 Penrith Avenue: (2 lots). PLR granted.
- 4723 & 4725 Cumberland Road: Lot line change, under staff review.
Development Permit Applications
An official community plan (see Part D of the Cumberland OCP) can designate areas where a development permit is required for things such as protection of the environment and form and character of commercial or residential development.
- 2017-03-DP 2799 Derwent Avenue: Residential infill development permit for an accessory dwelling unit. Awaiting conditions to be met.
- 2017-04-DP Coal Valley Estates Phases 7 & 8: Environmental protection area development permit for subdivision. Awaiting conditions to be met.
- 2017-06-DP 2752 Allen Avenue: Residential infill development permit for an accessory dwelling unit. Awaiting conditions to be met.
- 2017-07-DP 3244 Sutton Road: Environmental protection area development permit for subdivision. Awaiting additional information for APC consideration.
- 2017-08-DP 3028 Fourth Street: Environmental protection area development permit for subdivision. Anticipate APC consideration December 5.
- 2017-10-DP Stoneleigh Station: 84-unit multi-family phased strata development. Anticipate Council referral to APC November 27.
Development Variance Permit Applications
- 2016-04-DV 2613 Dunsmuir Avenue: Variance to lot line setbacks, height and lot coverage for single family dwelling.
- 2017-13-DV 2588 A & B Ulverston Avenue: Variance to setback and lot coverage. Granted November 13.
Heritage Alteration Permits
- 2017-01-HAP Cumberland Brewing Company: Covered canopy over the patio. Granted October 10.