This website has been designed to navigate using word search.

Type what you’re looking for in the search box above.

Can’t find the right words? Try something like council meetings or water restrictions or dog licenses.

Development Variance Permits

This page was last reviewed on September 20, 2022.

Development variance permits can vary bylaw requirements pertaining to

  • zoning, such as setbacks
  • subdivision servicing,
  • off-street parking,
  • screening and landscaping,
  • drainage and signs.

Land use and density cannot be varied by a development variance permit.

View the Zoning Bylaw and maps.

Applications, Guides and Forms

Development Variance Permit application and guide

Appointment of Agent Form

Applications for variance permits must be considered by Cumberland Council at a public meeting.

Please contact Building and Development staff at 250-336-2291 for more information.

Search again