This page was last reviewed on September 5, 2018.
Terms of Reference for the initial Economic Development Steering Committee was established in November 2017.
The purpose of the initial Committee was to provide guidance to the consulting firm conducting the Economic Development Strategy. The Cumberland Economic Development Strategy 2018-2023 was approved by Council in May 2018.
While the responsibility for approval of the Economic Development Strategy ultimately rested with Village Council, the Committee’s purpose was to be the gathering and discussion portal for relevant information for the formation of the Strategy.
The Steering Committee included ten members who provided broad representation from economic, cultural, heritage, environmental, social (not for profit) and political sectors in the local community, and who:
- Ensured that the community’s diverse interests were represented throughout the process, including providing input on community engagement and encouraging participation in the process;
- Helped identify barriers to community and economic development in the community;
- Identified community champions and partnerships to help implement the action plan;
- Acted as a representative for, and liaison to the general public or other unrepresented stakeholders, as appropriate;
- Reviewed information provided by the Village, consultants, Committee members, special interest groups and the general public;
- Identified knowledge gaps, if any, and provide feedback to Village staff and consultants; and,
- Made recommendations to Council.
The initial Economic Development Steering Committee ran for the duration of the creation of the Economic Development Strategy (December 2017 – May 2018). Now that the Strategy is complete the Committee has been dissolved, and a new Committee is being formed to provide ongoing support and guidance to the Economic Development Coordinator, and to ensure continued involvement and representation of the business and larger community in the economic development function.
Terms of Reference
View the Terms of Reference for the Economic Development Steering Committee.
Councillor Jesse Ketler
Mayor Leslie Baird, alternate
To be determined. View Committee agendas and minutes.Search again