This page was last reviewed on January 15, 2021.
The Economic Development Steering Committee (EDSC) is governed by its Terms of Reference which outlines the purpose of the EDSC and its role to help guide the economic development process (See Schedule A). The EDSC is intended to represent a gathering and discussion portal for relevant information in regards to the economic development function, and to help ensure successful implementation of the Cumberland Economic Development Strategy 2018-2023.
With broad representation from economic, cultural, heritage, environmental, social (not for profit) and political sectors in the community, the EDSC:
- Provides guidance to the Economic Development Coordinator on implementation of the Economic Development Strategy;
- Represents sectors of the community at the Committee;
- Ensures that the community’s diverse interests are represented in the economic development process;
- Helps identify barriers to community and economic development in the community;
- Identifies community champions and partnerships to help implement the Economic Development Strategy;
- Acts as a representative for, and liaison to the general public or other unrepresented stakeholders, as appropriate;
- Reviews information provided by the Village, consultants, Committee members, special interest groups and the general public;
- Identifies knowledge gaps, if any, and provide feedback to Village staff and consultants; and,
- Makes recommendations to Council.
Roger Albert (Cumberland and District Historical Society representative)
Meaghan Cursons (Co-chair)
Chris Higgins (Co-chair)
Councillor Sean Sullivan
Councillor Vicky Brown, council alternate
The Committee meets as needed. Check the agendas and minutes page for upcoming meetings.Search again