This page was last reviewed on September 27, 2018.
The role of the Village in supporting the local economy, as with any local government, is to help catalyze and leverage the energy and resources bound up in the private and non-profit sectors.
Guided by the Economic Development Strategy, the work to be conducted by the Village’s Economic Development Coordinator (EDC) is to build upon Cumberland’s assets, strengths and opportunities. These strategies and/or initiatives have been prioritized based on how they were felt to impact Cumberland’s economic development objectives. The strategies are:
- Conduct investment attraction
- Leverage industrial assets
- Support creation of a community development corporation/investment fund
- Support arts and culture as an economic driver
- Expand accommodation options in the Village
- Village core improvements
- Create a more business friendly environment
- Support diversification and better packaging of tourism opportunities
The implementation of the Strategy also involves the ongoing facilitation of the Economic Development Steering Committee whose purpose is to represent the general public, business community and local interest groups, as well as provide input and guidance to the EDC in the implementation of the priority initiatives/actions identified within the Strategy.
Should you have any questions regarding Cumberland’s economic development initiatives, please contact Kaelin Chambers (Economic Development Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.orgSearch again