This page was last reviewed on July 26, 2023.
The Cumberland Event Application Manual contains important information on application timelines, fees, insurance requirements, applicant responsibilities and much more.
A community event application is required for:
- Private events in a park or facility, other than children’s birthday parties at the Cumberland Recreation Centre (birthday parties can be booked online),
- A commercial or non-commercial activity or event that attracts participants and/or spectators, including: a festival, competition, race, tournament, show, private event, ceremony, guided use or training within a Village facility, public space, park or trail
- Street closures for events and neighbourhood block parties (For block parties, please use our simplified Application to Host a Block Party)
- A commercial service within a Village facility, public space, park or trail (including guided operations or trainers)
- Commercial filming using still or motion photography
How to Apply
We recommend that you follow the recommended application timelines listed on page 3 of the manual, and that you apply as early as possible if your application requires a Noise Control Bylaw exemption or street closure.
For details on Village of Cumberland parks and facilities, including equipment/amenities that are available, please see Parks, Recreation & Cultural Venues.
If you need to borrow traffic barricades, signage or other equipment for your event, you must submit an Equipment Request Form.
If you require third-party event liability coverage, we encourage you to try the MIABC EventPolicy portal (enter “Village of Cumberland” when prompted to enter an event space owner). When you book a policy through that portal, Cumberland Recreation will automatically receive your certificate of insurance with all required Additional Insureds listed. Please note that while the MIABC EventPolicy portal is provided as a convenient resource, you are free to purchase your insurance from any provider you choose. MIABC does not provide liability coverage for inflatable bounce houses.
Please note that you may contact us to inquire about facility availability, but no facilities will be held until an Event Application has been received.Search again