Give your comments and feedback on the proposed five year financial plan and 2016 property tax rates by April 6, 2016 by email or by completing form at the Village office.
View the detailed budget information on the April 4, 2016 Village Hall agenda. View Council’s draft 2016 strategic priorities.
What is the tax impact on me for 2016 for municipal services?
- Average single family detached home valued at $274,838: 4.3% or $49
- Average Family Strata Home valued at $197,869: 0.7% or $6
- Commercial property valued at $500,000: 1.9% or $186
Municipalities also collect taxes for other services such as schools, police, regional district, library, and hospital district. Increases from these taxing authorities have not been included in the above amounts.
Give Your Feedback
Give your feedback by email or at the Village office by April 6, 2016.
Municipal budget highlights include:
- Policing reserve fund establishment
- Infrastructure asset renewal reserve fund establishment
- Sewer capital works reserve contribution for sewage treatment
- Water capital works reserve contribution for water meter replacement
- Fire Department breathing apparatus reserve contribution
- Dunsmuir Corridor underground services and road reconstruction
- Cumberland Road reconstruction
- Egremont Road underground service and road reconstruction from Penrith to Windermere
- Comox Lake Road surfacing of road section near Lake Park
- skatepark and jumpark design and construction
- Lake Park concession/shower building replacement
- Village Park fields maintenance
- Lake Park outdoor furniture replacement and swimming dock decking
- Wellington Colliery Trail improvements
- long range water supply strategy
- dam safety review
- liquid waste management plan
- Cultural Centre rain proofing and roofing
- Community Grant Program
- Fire Hall land acquisition
- design for 2017 bike lane construction on Sutton Road
- Heritage Management Plan
- new folding stage for Cumberland Recreation
- Cumberland cemetery upgrades and improvements
If you are unable to attend, you are welcome to submit feedback by April 6, 2016.Search again