This page was last reviewed on September 3, 2015.
A Heritage Alteration Permit is required for to do any of the following to real property protected under a heritage designation bylaw.
- to alter the exterior a building or structure
- make a structural change to a building or structure
- move the building or structure
- alter, remove or take an action that would damage an interior feature or fixture that is identified in a heritage designation bylaw
- alter, remove or take an action that would damage a landscape feature identified in a heritage designation bylaw
- alter, excavate or building on land protected under a heritage designation bylaw
Please contact Planning staff at 250-336-2291 for more information on heritage designations and to apply for a heritage alteration permit.
*plus a fee to reimburse the Village (at cost) for a Peer Review of such as but not limited to legal, engineering, environmental architectural plans, studies, and/or documents. The Owner will be advised in writing of the amount outstanding and will be provided with an accounting of the costs incurred. Payment of these fees will be a condition that will be met prior to granting the permit.Search again