This page was last reviewed on February 23, 2021.
Affordable Housing Reports
Read the 2020 Cumberland Housing Needs Report and other documents in the Plans, Reports and Studies Library.
Resources for individuals who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Cumberland Food Share through the Cumberland Community Schools Society and Weird Church
- Pidcock House Emergency Shelter in the Comox Valley: 250-338-2533
- Comox Valley Food Bank: 250-338-0615
- Comox Valley Resource Guide
- Ready to Rent for RentSmart certification for landlords and tenants
Drop in to the Village office to pick up a current copy of the Comox Valley Resource Guide at the front counter.
Committee Meeting Schedule
Meetings are typically held on the third Wednesday each month at 9 am in Council Chambers, 2675 Dunsmuir Avenue, next to the Fire Hall.
View meeting agendas and minutes.
Terms of Reference
Cumberland’s Homelessness and Affordable Housing Committee is a select committee of Council tasked with make recommendations to Council on
- affordability guidelines for housing agreements;
- rules about development cost charges and amenities;
- brochure on affordable housing in Cumberland;
- facilitation of partnerships, and
- review of available lands to develop a land bank.
- any other matters referred to it by Council related to homelessness or affordable
View the Committee’s complete terms of reference.
Council may appoint up to six community-at-large members and one member of council, who may not sit as chair or vice-chair.
Kathy Duperron, vice-chair
Councillor Jesse Ketler
Resources on Homelessness and Affordable Housing
- Cumberland 2016 Census profile
- Community Foundation, 2016 Comox Valley Vital Signs report
- Comox Valley Coalition to End Homelessness
- Dawn to Dawn Action of Homelessness Society
- Homeless Hub
- Habitat for Humanity
- Attainable Homes Calgary