Yard waste burning permits are now available at the Fire Department located on Dunsmuir Avenue at First Street.
You may burn an open yard waste fire with a permit from
- October 15 to November 30, and
- March 15 to April 30
Yard waste fires must:
- take place between sunrise to sunset and be fully extinguished at sunset,
- be no larger than 1 m by 1 m in diameter,
- be supervised by an adult with a water hose and shovel close by, and
- be at least 3 m from standing timber, brush or any other flammable material, any property line, and Village property
Find out more information about opening burning in Cumberland.
Call the Fire Department at 250-336-2531 for more information or if you have any questions or concerns.Search again