Cumberland residents are advised that Stage 2 water use restrictions will be in effect beginning Tuesday, September 2, 2014. These restrictions are being implemented as a precaution leading up to and during seismic stability work on Stevens Lake Dam, and will remain in effect until the project is complete.
Because work is currently active on site at Steven’s Lake dam (as of September 4, 3014), people are advised to stay away from this area until the project is complete due to the nature of the equipment and construction.
Stage 2 Water Restrictions
Outdoor watering is allowed one day per week.
|Address||Lawn Watering Permitted|
|Even Numbered||Wednesday 4am – 10am and 7pm – 10pm|
|Odd Numbered||Thursday 4am – 10am and 7pm – 10pm|
During Stage 2, you may also
- water trees, shrubs, flowers and vegetables on any day with a sprinkler between 4 am to 10 am and from 7 pm to 10 pm,
on any day at any time if watering is done by hand-held container or a hose equipped with a shut-off nozzle,
- use micro-irrigation or drip-irrigation systems to water trees, trees, shrubs, flowers and vegetables at any time on any day,
- water newly planted trees, shrubs, flowers and vegetables by any method during installation and for the following 24 hours,
- water all weather playing fields at any time if failure to do so will result in a permanent loss of plant material, and
- wash a vehicle with water using a hand held container or hose equipped with a shut-off nozzle and at car dealerships and commercial car washes.
During Stage 2, you may not
- wash sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, exterior windows or exterior building surfaces, except as necessary for applying a product such as paint, preservative and stucco, preparing a surface prior to paving or repointing bricks, or if required by law to comply with health or safety regulations.
Exceptions to Stage 2 Restrictions:
- Owners or occupiers of property who, by reason of physical or mental incapacity, are unable to water their property within the restricted days and times, may water their property on one day per week for a maximum of 9 hours per day,
- Nurseries, farms, turf farms and tree farms are exempted from the restrictions,
- The Village may water lawns and boulevards on any day but no more than one day per week.
For more information please see:Search again