Council has developed its draft 2015 strategic priorities and is now seeking community input.
The draft priorities will be included for discussion at the Village Hall meeting held on March 30, 2015 at 7 p.m.
Find out other ways to connect with the elected members of Council.
New and updated goals include:
- Revitalization of the historic Village commercial core
- Developing an alley enhancement and maintenance strategy
- Reviewing the zoning bylaw and bringing it into alignment with the Official Community Plan
- Examining all solid waste management options, including alternative energy and integrated resource recovery
- Developing a new model of providing economic development services
- Developing a land management strategy for Village-owned forest lands
- Create a Perseverence Creek stewardship plan
- Improving community recreation programming
- Exploring a community grant program
- Developing an affordable housing action plan
- Developing a public art policy
- Establishing Cumberland Recreation as the hub of recreation in the community
- Using new and emerging technologies for internal and external communications
- Including social procurement in an updated purchasing policy
View the complete draft corporate strategic priorities.
After public feedback, the document will be brought forward at a Council meeting to consider its adoption. The document will be used to help develop Council’s next five year budget.Search again