Small recreational fires are now permitted within the Village of Cumberland with a valid recreational burning permit until further notice.
Permits may be obtained at no charge from the Village Office, located on Dunsmuir Avenue near First Avenue, and are valid for the calendar year.
Small recreational fires must
- Be no larger than 0.5m in diameter
- Be contained within a CSA approved fire appliance or a fire ring fitted with a screen
- Be located at least 1.5m from any vegetation or combustable material
- Be located at least 3m from any building, structure or fuel supply tank
- Burn clean wood and not burn garbage or any prohibited material
Watch cumberland.ca for updates on fire danger ratings and campfire bans.
Report signs of forest fire immediately to 9-1-1 or *5555 on your cellular phone.
Find out more about outdoor burning.Search again