The Comox Bay Care Society’s mobile health care unit is coming to Cumberland every Friday from 1 to 1:45 pm on Dunsmuir Avenue between First and Third Streets.
The Care-A-Van provides healthcare outreach at no cost to individuals who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. No appointment is necessary.
In support of the service, the Cumberland United Church is providing tailgate lunches and Cindy at Virgin Hair (Studio B) is providing haircut and shampoo services at no cost at 1 pm.
Onsite Services at the Care-A-Van in Cumberland:
- health assessments and referrals
- glucose testing
- blood pressure monitoring
- simple wound care
- dressing change
- foot care
- ear irrigation
- medications free of charge
- health promotion strategies
- assistance to obtain ID, Care Card and income assistance
- information on diabetes, Hep C and addictions
- lending cupboard for crutches, canes and walkers
Drop in to the Care-A-Van in Cumberland to find out about our other services including
- clothing program
- dental and denture programs
- optometry service
Learn about all programs at www.comoxbaycare.orgSearch again