Exciting upgrades to Village Park are set to begin! The project will include accessibility and landscape improvements to the Family Area of Village Park, which includes the areas adjacent to the playground and water park.
Construction crews will be on site beginning September 19th and the project will take approximately six to eight weeks to complete. Improvements include:
- two new asphalt accessible parking stalls and adjacent sidewalk on Sixth Street;
- a new sidewalk connecting the main park entrance at the corner of Dunsmuir Ave and Sixth Street to the playground and water park;
- a new picnic table and drinking water fountain;
- updates to the drainage and irrigation system; and
- other landscape improvements.
The playground facility will remain open throughout the project, although some features may be temporarily closed. Access to the playground will be from Dunsmuir Avenue.
The washroom facilities will also remain open throughout most of the project; however, temporary closures to this facility will be required from time to time. The water park is now closed for the season.
Fencing will be erected around the perimeter of the construction area for public safety. Please follow all posted notices and directions from construction crews.
The project is in part funded by a $25,000 grant from the Government of Canada’s Enabling Accessibility fund.
For more information please contact Kevin McPhedran, Parks and Outdoor Recreation Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.orgSearch again