The BC Assessment Authority has issued 2018 property assessments to property owners across British Columbia this week.
According to the BC Assessment changes map by jurisdiction, property assessments in Cumberland (not including new growth) have increased by
- 17.57% for residential properties
- 6.10% for business and other
- 3.79% for light industry
The Village is now working on determining the revenue necessary to pay for community services for the next five years. To collect this revenue, the Village will set the 2018 property tax rate based on 2018 property assessment values. Cumberland Council will establish property tax rates by bylaw by May 2018.
You can find more information and give your input on the proposed 2018-2022 budget and proposed 2018 property tax rates at the budget Village Hall and open house scheduled for Monday, February 19, 2018 at 7 p.m. in the Council Chambers. The Council Chambers are located beside the Fire Hall on Dunsmuir Avenue.
Find out more about your property assessment from BC Assessment, including
- Vancouver Island 2018 Property Assessment Notices in the Mail
- 2018 property information and trends for Vancouver Island
- Understanding the Assessment Process and Property Taxes (video)
- Update your property information and change of address notification
- How to contact the Vancouver Island BC Assessment offices
If you haven’t received your assessment notice please contact 1-866 valueBC (1-866-825-8322).Search again