Small recreational fires are permitted as of September 11, 2018 with a permit. Please remain cautious and watch cumberland.ca in the coming weeks as the fire ban may be re-introduced if conditions become dry.
Permits for small recreational fires are available online and at the Village Office at no cost.
To be safe, small recreational fires must
- Be no larger than 0.5 m in diameter
- Be contained within a CSA approved fire appliance or a fire ring fitted with a screen of 9.5 mm (3/8 inch) or smaller mesh to restrict any sparks or flying debris
- Be located at least 1.5 m from any vegetation or combustable material
- Be located at least 3 m from any building, structure or fuel supply tank
- Burn clean wood – no garbage or other prohibited material.
Find out more about outdoor burning in the Village.Search again