This website has been designed to navigate using word search.

Type what you’re looking for in the search box above.

Can’t find the right words? Try something like council meetings or water restrictions or dog licenses.

Current Village Services in Response to COVID-19

This page was last reviewed on August 24, 2021.

Check this page for current Village service levels and closures of Village facilities due to COVID-19.

Village Office

  • The Village office is open to the public 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. You can also make an appointment for service at the Village office by emailing, calling 250-336-2291, or finding other Village email contacts.
  • The main phone line is being monitored from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Every effort is being made to respond to voicemail messages in a timely manner.
  • Email messages are being monitored. Email to leave a message.

Making A Payment

  • Please use online banking for payments where possible.
  • Cheques and application forms may be delivered to the Village office through the drop box in the door at anytime.

BC Transit Passes

  • As of January 2021, the Village office is selling transit passes by appointment. The Village office is open to the public from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
  • On June 1, BC Transit will resume the collection of fares onboard Comox Valley buses. Monthly passes and tickets can be purchased in person or over the phone at the Rexall Pharmacy in Comox and the Rexall Pharmacy in Courtenay which are currently open to the public. Municipal offices in the Comox Valley Regional District will not be selling transit passes at this time as we are not open. Click here for more information.

Business Licences

Dog Licences

Solid Waste

  • Solid waste collection service is active .
  • You can purchase tags for extra garbage at the Village office.
  • Check for Comox Valley Waste Management Centre hours and services

Park and Playgrounds

  • Village parks and playgrounds are open
  • water spray park – regular hours are 10 am to 7 pm from May to September

Trails and Parking Lots

  • Trail head parking lots – open
  • Trails surrounding wastewater lagoon (Ulverston/Coniston area) remain closed for public health

Cumberland Lake Park

  • Check with the Cumberland Lake Wilderness Society on the status of the main parking lot, campground, main washroom building, office and concession.
  • Boat launch is open. Parking is limited and shared with walk in day users.

Cumberland Recreation

Development and Building Permit Applications

  • Building permit staff will continue to process existing building applications. This will include conducting site and building inspections with social distancing on site as per Building Inspection notice to applicant.
  • New building permit applications are available at Please call the office at 250-336-2291 for inquiries.
  • Building applications that have been reviewed by the Inspector will be issued once payment is processed. Applicants will receive an email that the permit is ready subject to payment.
  • Development services staff will continue to process existing development applications.
  • New development applications (development permit, development variance permit and heritage alteration permit applications) are being received at the Village office. New development applications received by the Village Office will only have initial file setup and processing established. Approvals will be subject to Council session availability. If you wish to submit a development application, please contact for an initial discussion to guide you through the application requirements. Information about new accessory dwelling units and secondary suites, and conversions to accessory dwelling units and secondary suites are available at

Public Works Emergencies

**Property owners will be charged for call outs for assistance to private property.**

Only for emergencies requiring immediate public works assistance, such as

  • sanitary sewer and storm sewer breaks or back ups on the roadway
  • major water line breaks
  • downed trees over the roadway
  • damaged or missing traffic control signs
  • dead animals on the road that pose a danger to traffic

Please email or call 250-336-2291, select option #4 for the emergency public works service.

For downed power lines, call 911. Call Telus or Shaw for downed communications lines.

Keeping Up To Date with Facebook

For information from the regional Emergency Operations Centre on COVID-19 response:

For information on Village services:

Search again