This page was last reviewed on March 29, 2017.
Unlimited recycling is collected bi-weekly from all residences and businesses in Cumberland.
Recycling containers must be supplied by the resident. Pick up your container sticker from the Village Office at no charge.
Find collection schedules on the Solid Waste Services page and contact information if your collection was missed.
What is Collected in your Curbside Container
You can include these materials in your recycling container:
- Newsprint and mixed paper
- Cardboard and boxboard
- Metal food and beverage containers
- Plastic household food, beverage and cleaner containers, except bleach containers
- Empty aerosol cans and caps
- Aluminum foil wrap, aluminum takeout and baking containers
- Spiral wound containers from products like frozen juice and cookie dough
- Hot and cold drink cups and lids
- Plastic garden plant pots and seedling trays
- Plastic clam shell containers, trails and tops, and tubs and lids
Please do not include these materials in your container:
- Waxed or soiled boxes
- Books, including telephone books
- Plastic containers for motor oil, and antifreeze, bottle caps and lids
- Plastic bags, wrap and film
- Paint and paint products
See the Recycle BC website for a complete list of recyclables in your curbside container.
Recycle More! Comox Valley Recycling Depots
Many items that you cannot include in your curbside container may be recycled at Comox Valley recycling depots. Find locations of all recycling depots in the Comox Valley.Search again