This page was last reviewed on June 6, 2017.
Sidewalk cafes are permitted in commercial zones in the Village.
Sidewalk cafes are seasonal outdoor patios located on a sidewalk or in a parking stall. The sidewalk cafe season is March 1 to October 31.
Complete an application for a sidewalk cafe permit.
A permit is not required to place tables and chairs on a sidewalk as long as
- the tables and chairs are located immediately adjoining the existing business within 1 metre of the property line
- the tables and chairs are removed at the end of the business day
- the sidewalk is unimpeded next to the table and chairs for a 1.5 metre width
- there is no area demarcated for the business’s own use
- there are no constructed items or fixtures on the sidewalk adjacent to the business
- liquor is not served