This page was last reviewed on December 6, 2019.
Curbside Collection Program
The Village of Cumberland provides residential curbside organics, recycling and garbage collection.
Learn more about
Resident provide their own containers, which can be up to 77 litres in size. Containers must weigh less than 22kg (50lb) when filled.
Missed a collection?
Please check the collection schedule to confirm what was to be collected.
Our collector contractor is Waste Management (WM) of Canada Corporation.
- Dial 1-800-774-9748
- Stay on the line for English
- Press 2 for existing customer
- Press 3 for other questions
- Press 1 for residential customer
- Let the customer representative know that you reside in Canada, in Cumberland, British Columbia, and give your address
Do you need assistance with your solid waste?
People with disabilities and people with limited mobility can apply for assistance with their solid waste.
To receive assistance, residents must:
- Submit an application to the Village of Cumberland – applications are also available at the Village office.
- Not live in the same residence as an able-bodied person aged 12 or over
- Provide proof of disability or limited mobility.
Complete and submit a Solid Waste and Recycling Application for Accommodation to the Village.
Be Bear Aware
Please put out your solid waste out by 8 a.m. on collection day. To help reduce human-bear conflicts, store all solid waste containers is a secure location until the morning of collection day.
Rates and Charges for Solid Waste Collection
Comox Valley Waste Management Centre
More solid waste services are offered at the Comox Valley Waste Management Centre located at 2400 Bevan Road in Cumberland.
View a complete list of accepted recyclables at the Comox Valley Waste Management Centre at 2400 Bevan Road, including
- foam packaging
- plastic bags and overwrap (pop can wraps, plastic shopping bags, toilet paper wrap)
- Other flexible plastic packaging (crinkly wrappers, cereal bags, chip bags, stand up pouches, woven and net plastic bags, non-food protective packaging)
Household Hazardous Waste
Household hazardous waste is accepted from local residents at the Comox Valley Waste Management Centre every Thursday and Friday from 9 am to 5 pm and one Saturday each month.
Household hazardous waste is any waste from your home that you consider to be dangerous and includes leftover household products that are
- marked flammable,
- marked corrosive,
- marked poison, or
- are a compressed gas such as aerosols, butane, and lighters.
Paint, flammables, pesticides and gasoline may be returned to the Courtenay Return-It Depot at 493 Puntledge Road, (250) 338-6013. There is no charge to drop off leftovers that are accepted by the program. Find more information on Product Care items.
The program does not include industrial waste from commercial business.
Call 1-800-331-6007 or the Village office at 250-336-2291 to report an illegal dump site. Find out more about the regional Illegal Dumping Program.Search again