This page was last reviewed on August 8, 2018.
There is now one online, fillable form to complete for events at any of the Village’s facilities, public spaces, trails or parks. This makes it easier for event organizers and Village staff to gather information and grant permits for events, big or small.
A community event application is required to:
- Hold a commercial or non-commercial activity or event that attracts participants and/or spectators, including: a festival, competition, race, tournament, show, private event, ceremony, guided use or training within a Village facility, public space, park or trail
- Provide a commercial service within a Village facility, public space, park or trail (including guided operations or trainers)
- Carry on, with the intent of monetary return, commercial filming using still or motion photography
How to Apply
Event organizers must complete the Community Event Application. Questions? Check the application manual or contact Cumberland Recreation. Send completed applications to Cumberland Recreation.
- Applications for events that may require a street closure or noise exemption must be submitted 6 weeks before the event
- Requests for street closures will be presented to Council for approval at a public meeting (see the Special Event Road Closure policy)
- All other applications may be submitted 4 weeks before the event
- Applications will only be processed Monday-Friday during office hours
In addition to the Community Event Application form, event bookings require:
- A signed copy of the release and indemnification form (see Application Form)
- Special event insurance (proof of a comprehensive general liability insurance policy)
- If applicable, the non-refundable fee and refundable damage deposit
- Other requirements may include a map of the area of requested use, traffic management plans, security plans, temporary washroom facilities, street closure and noise exemption, etc.
Insurance and Damage Deposit Requirements
See the Community Event Application manual for how the Village calculates the insurance and damage deposit requirements.
For information about fees and the venues available, scroll down, or check the Community Event Application manual.
Discounts for Multi-day and Multi-Facility Events
- Consecutive multi-day events will receive a 10% discount on the fee for any additional day
- Multi-venue events will receive a 10% discount on the fee for any additional facility used on the same day
- Consecutive multi-day and multi-venue events will receive a 20% discount on the fee for any additional day and any additional venue after the park or facility with the highest per day fee.
Cumberland Recreation Hall (CRI) at 2665 Dunsmuir Avenue
- person capacity with tables: 400
- person capacity without tables: 436
Cutural Centre Moncrief Hall, upper floor at 2674 Dunsmuir Avenue
- Floor area: 39ft x 64ft
- person capacity with tables: 175
- person capacity without tables: 200
Rental fees do not include applicable taxes and damage deposit.
|Facility||Not-for-Profit Event||Private Event||Commercial Event|
|(a)||Cumberland Recreation Centre(CRI)Hall: Kitchen:||$100 per day or$12 per hour$50 per day or$6 per hour||$402.50 per day or$45 per hour (four hrs or less)$115 per day or$35 per hour||$402.50 per day$45 per hour (four hrs or less)$115 per day$35 per hour|
|(b)||Cultural Centre Moncrief Hall:Kitchen:||$100 per day or$12 per hour$50 per day or$6 per hour||$287.50 per day or$45 per hour (four hrs or less)$115 per day or$35 per hour||$287.50 per day$45 per hour (four hrs or less)$115 per day$35 per hour|
|(c)||Cumberland Recreation Centre (CRI) parking lot without rental of hall:||No charge||$50 per day||$50 per day|
|(d)||Cultural Centre parking lot without rental of Cultural Centre:||No charge||$50 per day||$50 per day|
|(e)||Holiday fee:||Additional 100% of fee||Additional 70% of fee||Additional 70% of fee|
Permit fees do not include applicable taxes or damage deposits.
|Park||Not-for-Profit Event||Private Event||Commercial Event||Commercial Business||Outdoor Education Program|
|(a)||Village Park:||$100 per day or $12 per hour||$25 per hour||$500 per day or $60 per hour||Single event: $15
Seasonal: $100 (8 month)
Annual: $150 per year
|$1 per participant per day|
|(d)||No 6 Mine Heritage Park:||$50 per day||$25 per hour||$200 per day or $24 per hour|
|(e)||Village Square:||No fee||$25 per hour||$200 per day or $24 per hour|
|(f)||Coal Creek Historic Park:||$50 per day||$25 per hour||$200 per day or $24 per hour|
|(g)||Peace Park:||$50 per day||$25 per hour||$200 per day or $24 per hour|
|(h)||Derwent Avenue Park:||$50 per day||$25 per hour||$200 per day or $24 per hour|
|(i)||Egremont Park:||$50 per day||$25 per hour||Not Available|
|(j)||Ulverston Station Park:||$50 per day||$25 per hour||Not Available|
|(k)||Trail Network:||No Fee||No Fee||$100 per day OR $1 per event participant per day, whichever is greater|
For street closures and other events, the Village may have equipment available. A $200 damage/replacement deposit is required.
The following equipment may be available:
- 20 barricades
- 12 traffic cones 18″
- 4 delineator posts 42″
- 2 stop/go paddles
- 10 steel garbage cans 75L (bags not included)
- 2 road closed signs
- 2 left detour signs
- 2 right detour signs
- 2 single lane traffic signs
- 2 reduce speed signs
- 1 traffic pattern changed sign
- 2 be prepared to stop signs
- 2 Flagperson ahead signs