This website has been designed to navigate using word search.

Type what you’re looking for in the search box above.

Can’t find the right words? Try something like council meetings or water restrictions or dog licenses.

Development Permits

This page was last reviewed on August 7, 2020.

Development permit areas are established to guide developers and to assist the Village in addressing particular development issues by providing development guidelines. As well, they are intended to provide the residents of the Village with a degree of certainty that concerns regarding development, expressed during the Plan development process, will be adequately addressed.

Part D of the Official Community Plan Bylaw designates the following development permit areas:

  • Residential Infill
  • Residential Multi-Family
  • Mixed Land Use
  • Commercial
  • Industrial Areas
  • Intensive Residential – Carlisle Lane
  • Interchange Lands
  • Environmental Protection
  • Groundwater Protection
  • Wildland Urban Interface
  • Farmland Protection

View development permit maps in Appendix B of the Official Community Plan Bylaw.

View development permit area guidelines in Part D of the Official Community Plan.

How to Apply for a Development Permit

View the development permit application and guide.

Complete the Authorization of Agent form if you would like an agent to apply on your behalf.

The Village Council considers development permit applications at a public meeting. A development permit must be issued before a building permit or subdivision application can be approved.

Please call Building and Development staff at 250-336-2291 to discuss your application.

Search again