This website has been designed to navigate using word search.

Type what you’re looking for in the search box above.

Can’t find the right words? Try something like council meetings or water restrictions or dog licenses.

Village Office Hours and Contacts

This page was last reviewed on July 3, 2024.

Village Office Hours

Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Find operating hours for Cumberland Recreation.

Phone Contacts

  • Village office: 250-336-2291
  • Recreation: 250-336-2231
  • Fire Rescue: 250-336-2531

Email Contacts

Village Office Reception

Payment, Utility Billing, and Property Tax inquiries

Mayor and Council – Please address correspondence to “Mayor and Council”.

Building Inspection Bookings

Building and Development

Cumberland Recreation

Cumberland Fire Rescue

Bylaw Enforcement and Animal Control

Mailing Address

The Corporation of the Village of Cumberland
Box 340, Cumberland, BC V0R 1S0

Village office 2016 for web

The Village office at 2673 Dunsmuir Avenue

Facility Locations

  • Village office: 2673 Dunsmuir Avenue
  • Recreation Centre: 2665 Dunsmuir Avenue
  • Cultural Centre: 2674 Dunsmuir Avenue
  • Fire Hall: 4724 Cumberland Road

Village Contacts

Organizational Chart and Service Areas 2021

Mayor and Council

Find out more about Cumberland Council.

Corporate and Financial Services

Michelle Mason, Chief Administrative Officer
Annie Bérard, Director of Corporate Services
Rachel Parker, Corporate Officer
Andrea Samsom, Manager of Finance and Human Resources

Parks and Recreation

Kevin McPhedran, Director of Community Service
Ryan Parton, Manager of Recreation & Culture

Building and Development

Courtney Simpson, Director of Development and Bylaw Services (Approving Officer)
Karin Albert, Senior Planner

Operations and Public Works

Rob Crisfield, Director of Engineering and Public Works

Cumberland Fire Rescue and Protective Services

Mike Williamson, Manager of Protective Services

Public Works Emergencies

The Village will only respond to the following after hours emergencies:

  • sanitary sewer and storm sewer breaks or back ups within the roadway
  • major water main leaks within the roadway
  • downed trees over the roadway
  • missing stop signs
  • dead animals or large debris on the roadway that poses a danger to traffic
  • a hazardous spill on the roadway that is not related to a motor vehicle incident
  • an unsecured municipal building or park buildings
Other Emergencies
  1. For downed power lines, call 911.
  2. For downed communications lines, please contact Telus or Shaw.
  3. For sewer blockages and water leaks on private property, please call a plumber.
  4. Hazardous spills on private property, such as furnace oil or chemicals may be reported to Emergency Management BC at 1-800-663-3456 or to 911.
After Hours Call Out Fees

Please note that property owners will be charged for public works call outs for assistance to private property.

If You Have a Public Works Emergency

Please call the Village office at 250-336-2291 and select the option for Public Works Emergency Call Service (Option 4). You will be connected to Village staff during office hours and the Public Works Emergency Call Service for after hours calls.

Search again