This page was last reviewed on November 23, 2018.
BYLAW NO. 1089
A bylaw to provide for remuneration to members of council.
The Council of the Corporation of the Village of Cumberland, in open meeting assembled, enacts as follows:
- This Bylaw may be cited as “Council Remuneration Bylaw No. 1089, 2018”.
- The mayor shall be paid an annual remuneration in the following amount in the year indicated:
- Each councillor shall be paid an annual remuneration in the following amount in the year indicated:
- In each year following 2022, the remuneration for the mayor and each councillor shall be increased on January 1st by a rate equivalent to any annual percentage increase in the consumer price index for British Columbia over the immediately preceding year.
- (1) Members have the option to participate in an extended health and dental program through the Union of British Columbia Municipalities for either family or single benefits, subject to the program conditions.
(2) For each member who chooses to participate in extended health and dental program, 100 per cent of the cost will be deducted from that member’s remuneration each month and reimbursed to the Village.
- The “Council Remuneration Bylaw No. 1020, 2015” is repealed.