The Village has begun pre-construction detailed design of the new fire hall to be built on Cumberland Road between Kendal Avenue and Primrose Avenue.
Everyone is welcome to attend the Fire Hall design open house on
Wednesday, January 9, 2019 from 6 to 9 pm
Council Chambers at 2675 Dunsmuir Avenue (beside the current fire hall)
Presentations on the design will take place at 6:15 pm and 7:30 pm.
Some detailed designs are available here and more plans will be available at the open house.
Highlights of the new fire hall design include
- overall 11,580 square foot building area
- potential for future apparatus bay expansion
- fire department historical display
- granular parking area at rear (permeable)
- raingardens and bioswales for stormwater management
- bicycle parking, electrical vehicle parking and reserved parking for people with disabilities
- tree and landscaping buffers
- hard and soft landscaping for pedestrian connectivity
You can provide your feedback at the open house and by email to the Village at email@example.com by January 10, 2019. Feedback will be provided to the consultant MKM Projects Ltd. and summarized at a presentation at the Council meeting on January 28, 2019.Search again