You can apply online for your 2020 recreational campfire permit. Permits are free of charge and are valid for the calendar year.
To reduce the impact of smoke on your neighbours, please only burn clean dry wood. The burning of garbage and other waste material is prohibited.
To be safe, small recreational fires must be
- no larger than 0.5 m in diameter
- contained within a CSA approved fire appliance or a fire ring
- fitted with a screen of 9.5 mm (3/8 inch) or smaller mesh to restrict any sparks or flying debris
- located at least 1.5 m from any vegetation or combustable material
- located at least 3 m from any building, structure or fuel supply tank