This page was last reviewed on November 14, 2017.
2018 Meeting Schedule
Meetings are held at 6:30 pm in Council Chambers, 2675 Dunsmuir Avenue, next to the Fire Hall.
May 22 (Tuesday)
Apply to be a member of the Accessibility Committee.
Terms of Reference
Cumberland’s Accessibility Committee is a select committee of Council tasked with making recommendations to Council on
- A strategy to encourage and support owners of existing public and commercial buildings in making accessibility improvements.
- A 10 year accessibility plan for Village-owned public facilities and spaces, including projects and budget estimates.
- Designated parking for people with disabilities.
- Matters referred to it by Council.
The Committee may also make recommendation to Village staff on Village facilities, service provision, and other matters upon request.
Council will appoint up to seven members to the committee, including
- one member of council who may not sit as chair or vice-chair,
- up to six community-at-large members, with a preference given to individuals with knowledge of accessibility-related issues as they pertain to the built environment and individuals with disabilities.
The Committee is expected to meet a minimum of five times a year and to complete its work by the spring of 2018.
Councillor Sean Sullivan
View the Committee’s complete terms of reference.Search again