This page was last reviewed on May 22, 2018.
Accessibility and Inclusion Resources
Outreach & Guidance for Businesses, SPARC BC
Key Accessibility Standards, SPARC BC
SAFERhome Standards: A non-profit, public interest organization, encouraging a safer home environment and a better standard of living for all people through its certified building standards.
Social Planning and Research Council of BC (SPARC BC)
Community Futures Entrepreneurs with Disabilities Program: A business loans program that reduces the obstacles that people with disabilities or ongoing health issues may face when looking for financing.
Rick Hansen Foundation: We develop programs and initiatives that raise awareness, change attitudes and remove barriers for people with disabilities in the built environment.
Cumberland Facility and Infrastructure Accessibility Review, December 2016.
The Committee is a select committee of Council tasked with making recommendations to Council on
- A strategy to encourage and support owners of existing public and commercial buildings in making accessibility improvements.
- Review of community event manual with recommendations to make events more accessible; and outreach with special event coordinators.
- Consult with emergency planning staff on accessibility.
- Explore and investigate accessible tourism, and parks and trails mapping.
- Make recommendations to Council on BC Accessibility 2024 opportunities.
- Matters referred to it by Council.
The Committee may also make recommendation to Village staff on Village facilities, service provision, and other matters upon request. View the Committee’s complete terms of reference.
2018 Meeting Schedule
Meetings are held at 6:30 pm in Council Chambers, 2675 Dunsmuir Avenue, next to the Fire Hall.
February 19 rescheduled to February 20
May 22 (Tuesday) – cancelled
Laurel Rankin, chair
Councillor Sean Sullivan