Please join us at the first Cumberland Cemetery memorial marker preservation and cleaning days.
Tuesday, June 4, 2019 & Wednesday, June 5, 2019
9 am to noon both days
Our focus is to clean memorial markers (not the entire grave) to help preserve the markers.
Volunteers are asked to bring:
- Drinking water (water onsite is not potable)
- Hat and sunscreen
- Work gloves, and/or rubber gloves when using water
- Padded mat for kneeling
- If you have them, your own gardening tools for cutting sod and plant growth around the markers, like a edger – you might want to mark with your initials so you don’t loose them.
- nylon scrub brush
- wooden or plastic spatula or scraper (no metal scrapers please)
The Village will provide a limited supply of:
- Buckets, nylon brushes, wooden spatulas, bamboo sticks for scraping off lichen and moss
- Non-ionic solution cleanser (safe for use on granite and marble) in spray bottles
- Edgers, clippers, grass clippers, and loppers for cutting plant growth around markers (we will not be doing a large amount of cutting – just around markers)
- Rags and towels
- Non-potable water via water truck
- Wheelbarrows and containers to collect and dispose of sod and plant growth and garbage