March 19, 2020 Update:
- The Provincial and Federal health authorities are the lead agencies for COVID-19 response.
- Cumberland is participating in a regional Emergency Operations Center Level 2 coordinated by the CVRD to support direction of the Ministry of Health. The CVRD is sharing resources for residents and businesses on the CVRD website, CVRD Facebook, and CVRD Twitter.
- Village services and administration remain available by phone at 250-336-2291 or email at email@example.com. The Municipal Office, Cumberland Recreation, Fire Hall, and Public Works Yard remain closed to public access.
- The Village’s priority is the protection and provision of essential municipal services for the health and safety of residents, including drinking water, sanitary sewer and fire protection, however all departments continue to operate at this time. The Village is monitoring the situation and will adjust service levels for non-essential services as required.
- Cumberland’s Economic Development Officer is distributing information for businesses. Email Kaelin Chambers to sign up.
- All advisory committees to Council are suspended until further notice. The regular Council meeting of March 23, 2020 has been cancelled. Special council meetings may be scheduled in the interim. Watch cumberland.ca meeting page for more information.
Use these resources for information about COVID-19, how to protect yourself, your family and your community and what to do if you suspect you have the virus:
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- Province of BC supports and information
- Health Canada
- Comox Valley Regional District website, CVRD Facebook, and CVRD Twitter