This website has been designed to navigate using word search.

Type what you’re looking for in the search box above.

Can’t find the right words? Try something like council meetings or water restrictions or dog licenses.


This page was last reviewed on November 9, 2020.

Family Fireworks (Low Hazard Class 7.2.1)

Fireworks on Private Property

A person supervising fireworks must obtain a family fireworks permit. If that person is not the property owner, the applicant must submit written permission of the property owner.

Fireworks displays must be held wholly on private property and may not take place on the road right-of-way or any other public property.

Your permit must be available to Bylaw Enforcement and RCMP upon request at the time of the fireworks display.

Be Safe! Follow the Natural Resources Canada Consumer Fireworks Safety guidelines.

How to Apply for a Permit

Fireworks on Public Property

Displays on public property, including parks, road right-of-ways, and other public spaces, may only take place with the written permission of Cumberland Council and the Fire Chief.

Display/Commercial Fireworks (High Hazard Class 7.2.2)

High hazard fireworks may only be used for religious or ceremonial purposes by a person possessing a valid Fireworks Supervisor Card issued by the Explosives Branch of Energy, Mines and Resources Canada and with the written permission of Cumberland Council and the Fire Chief.

Sale of Fireworks

The sale of fireworks is prohibited in the Village of Cumberland.

Cumberland’s Fireworks Regulation Bylaw regulates the sale, explosion and storage of fireworks. Please contact the Fire Chief at 250-336-2531 for more information.

Search again