This page was last reviewed on August 28, 2015.
BYLAW NO. 997
A Bylaw to establish a Municipal Ticket Information system.
The Council of the Village of Cumberland in open meeting assembled enacts as follows:
- This Bylaw shall be cited as the ‘The Corporation of the Village of Cumberland Municipal Ticket Information Bylaw No. 997, 2014.
- The persons appointed to the job positions or titles listed in Column 2 of Schedule A to this Bylaw are designated as Bylaw Enforcement Officers pursuant to section 264.1(b) of the Community Charter for the purpose of enforcing the bylaws listed in Column 1 and opposite the respective job positions of Schedule A to this bylaw.
- The bylaws designated in Schedules B through M to this Bylaw may be enforced by means of a ticket in the form prescribed for the purpose pursuant to Part 8 of the Community Charter.
- The words or expressions set forth in Column 1 of Schedules B through M to this Bylaw are authorized to be used to designate the offence committed against that bylaw.
- The penalty for an offence of a bylaw designated by this Bylaw is as follows:
(a) a fine not greater than the amount set out in Column 4 of Schedules B through M to this Bylaw if the amount is paid on or before the 30th day from the date on which the ticket is served; or
(b) a fine not greater than the amount set out in Column 3 of Schedules B through M to this Bylaw if the amount is paid after the day referred to in paragraph (a)
- If any section or subsection of this bylaw is found to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the section or subsection may be severed from the Bylaw without affecting the validity of the remainder of the bylaw.
- The “Corporation of the Village of Cumberland Municipal Ticket Information Bylaw No. 975, 2012” is repealed.