This page was last reviewed on December 4, 2017.
A Bylaw to establish a Municipal Ticket Information system.
The Council of the Village of Cumberland, in open meeting assembled, enacts as follows:
- This Bylaw shall be cited as “Municipal Ticket Information Bylaw No. 1053, 2017”.
- The persons appointed to the job positions or titles listed in Column 2 of Schedule A to this Bylaw, and their appointed deputies, may enforce the bylaws listed opposite in Column 1, pursuant to section 264 (1)(b) of the Community Charter.
- The bylaws designated in Schedules B through P to this Bylaw may be enforced by means of a ticket in the form prescribed for the purpose, pursuant to Part 8 of the Community Charter.
- The words or expressions listed in Column 1 of Schedules B through P to this Bylaw may be used to designate a bylaw offence.
- The penalty for a bylaw offence is:
- a fine no greater than the amount set out in Column 4 of Schedules B through P to this Bylaw for the corresponding offence, if the amount is paid on or before the 30th day from the date on which the ticket is served; or
- a fine no greater than the amount set out in Column 3 of Schedules B through P to this Bylaw for the corresponding offence, if the amount is paid after the day referred to in section 5 (a).
- If the 30th day falls on a weekend, statutory holiday or day in which the Village Office is
closed, the following business day shall be deemed to be the 30th
- Graduated penalties for offences apply to the number of offences committed within a calendar year.
- Each day an offence occurs or is permitted to exist shall constitute a separate offence.
- If any section or subsection of this bylaw is found to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the section or subsection may be severed from the Bylaw without affecting the validity of the remainder of the bylaw.
- The “Corporation of the Village of Cumberland Municipal Ticket Information Bylaw No. 997, 2014” is hereby repealed.