Welcome to Belonging!
Belonging 125 is a day to reflect on the path that has brought us to today, and to renew our commitment to work together to create a place of belonging for all Villagers. Over the past few days invitations to Belonging 125 have been hand delivered by volunteers to every door in Cumberland!
What’s Going On This Saturday?
- Strawberry Tea at Belonging 125– grab your free tickets online for one of 4 seatings on Saturday each with a special musical guest! Tickets are going fast!
- Come Together – Street Celebration at Belonging 125– local and visiting acts including Uminari Taiko, Valley Edge Choir, Senyuè, Corwin Fox Music, Elise LeBlanc and the Ridgeriders, Gord Carter, Music by Jozy, Orchid Ensemble, El Combo Cumbialandia and more.
- Lighting the Way at Belonging 125– community lantern making to light the way for past, present and future Villagers!
- The Dumpling Project at Belonging 125– 5000 cross cultural dumplings made by the people for the people served throughout the day
- You are Here – Interactive Data Art at Belonging 125– see how your responses and reflections come together into shapes and colours of a co-created art piece!
- A Seat at the Table– Grand Opening of a new Cumberland Museum exhibition centered on the diverse story of Chinese Immigration in British Columbia
- Forest in the Village – 125 Trees to celebrate the 125– sign up to be part of a community wide tree planting day October 15th
- Old Fashioned Kids Games in No. 6 Park (10-11 and 3-4),
- Community Tents,
- Early Morning Bubbles and Sun Tea for kids in #6 Park (9:30-11),
- CRAFT Market at CUB Urban Bazaar on 3rd Street,
- Cumberland Cup Street Hockey Tournament at Village Park and more!
This celebration has been made possible with support from Heritage Canada’s Building Communities through Arts and Heritage Communities Anniversaries Program and the Village of Cumberland.Search again