Work is continuing on the construction of the new Cumberland library building on Dunsmuir Avenue in downtown Cumberland.
The new branch will follow the heritage design guidelines of the Village and include many wonderful features. The newest addition is a cozy electric fireplace funded by the Comox Valley Friends of the Library. Other features of the new branch include:
- a warm and inviting interior design with modern comfortable furniture in accenting colours;
- a children’s area with colourful, age-appropriate furniture, a children’s literacy station, and a big, comfy loveseat for grandparents and grandchildren to cuddle up in and read a good book;
- study space;
- public computers with Internet access, word processing and other software;
- free wireless Internet access;
- comfortable lounge seating;
- a comprehensive collection of popular books, DVDs, CDs and magazines; and
- parking at the front and the rear of the building.
The new branch will be open 12 more hours each week and will be open Wednesdays and during the lunch hour.
The Cumberland Branch is anticipated to open its doors late in 2013. Find out more.Search again