The reopening of select outdoor recreation facilities in the Comox Valley begins on Thursday, May 14, 2020.
The limited reopening follows the Province of BC’s May 6 announcement that easing of some restrictions will begin in mid-May through the BC Restart Plan.
- staying two metres apart from anyone outside of your household,
- avoid unnecessary touching of surfaces, and
- to stay home and self-isolate if you are ill.
In Cumberland, these facilities will be opened on Thursday morning:
- Skatepark and Jump Park at Village Park
- Tennis and Basketball Courts at Village Park
- Off-leash Dog Park at Village Park
- Cumberland Trailhead Parking Lots
- Coal Creek Historic Park parking lots (at Jumbo’s cabin and the Disc Golf Course)
- Cumberland Lake Park and boat launch remain open with limited parking. The campground remains closed for now.
Read the full CVRD Press release.
Find out more about Cumberland service levels and facilities during the Covid-19 response.Search again