Find out about what can go in your recycling container. Print a PDF brochure from Recycle BC on what can go in and what can’t go in your container (please note that glass may not be recycled through curbside collection in the Comox Valley).
What can go in your curbside organics container:
- Yard waste
- Meats, poultry and bones (cooked or uncooked)
- Fish and shellfish (cooked or uncooked)
- Grains and pasta, including bread, cereals, pizza, pastries & rice
- Dairy products, including cheese, yogurt, sour cream, butter, mayonnaise
- Eggs and shells
- Fruit and vegetable scraps
- Plate scrapings & food leftovers
- Food-soiled paper and cardboard
- Coffee filters, grounds and tea bags
What stays out of your curbside organic container:
- Plastic, even if labeled biodegradable or compostable
- Coffee cups and lids
- Meat trays or other Styrofoam
- Fruit stickers, bread clips or ties
- Metal, rubber or glass
- Diapers or baby wipes
- Pet waste or kitty litter
- Dental floss, cotton swabs or balls
- Dryer sheets or lint
- Vacuum contents or bags
- Cigarettes and butts
Find more information on Solid Waste collection.
Please contact the collector Waste Management (WM) of Canada Corporation.
- Dial 1-800-774-9748
- Stay on the line for English
- Press 2 for existing customer
- Press 3 for other questions
- Press 1 for residential customer
- Let the customer representative know that you reside in Canada, in Cumberland, British Columbia, and give your address.