EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
SUMMER STUDENT – PUBLIC WORKS AND PARKS
The Village of Cumberland invites applications for a Summer Student position. This position is to provide assistance with parks ground maintenance, some trail maintenance and assistance with public works operations.
The successful candidate will work a full-time 35 hour week as per the Collective Agreement in the Public Works Department for an approximate 16 week period.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As specified in the job description for this position the successful candidate will be responsible for parks grounds maintenance including grass mowing and trimming, collection of litter and other related duties as assigned. This position may also include trail maintenance including pruning of trees, and basic assistance in the Public Works operation as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Physically capable of performing all aspects of work related to the duties and responsibilities.
- Familiarity with WorkSafe BC regulations and safe working practices.
- Some experience with small tools and equipment.
REQUIRED LICENCES, CERTIFICATES AND REGISTRATIONS
- Valid BC Drivers License, minimum Class 7N or higher.
- Must be continuing studies at a post-secondary educational institution.
- Some education or training as an arborist or in horticulture would be an asset.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume outlining qualifications and experience attention to Manager of Operations, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 24, 2013.
Posted: May 10, 2013
Find out more on the careers pageSearch again