Victoria Day Celebrations
May 20 to May 23, 2022
Celebrated in Cumberland since 1888, Victoria Days were originally held to celebrate Queen Victoria’s birthday.
Road Closures: Dunsmuir Avenue will be closed on Saturday, May 21, 2022 from 7 am to 6 pm for Village Market Day; and on Monday, May 23, 2022 from 8am to 11am for the Victoria Day Parade.
Transit Service on Monday, May 23, 2022
Ride for free to Cumberland on the #2 Cumberland transit bus on Victoria Day. View the Comox Valley Transit website.
Cumberland Market Day, Saturday, May 21, 2022 from 7 am to 6 pm:
- Dunsmuir Avenue from First Street to Fourth Street, and
- Third Street, Penrith Avenue to the alley towards Derwent Avenue
- Second Street, half block either side of Dunsmuir Avenue
- First Street from Penrith to Windermere for the Soap Box Derby
Victoria Day, Monday, May 23, 2022
From 8 am to 11 am:
- First Street, from Dunsmuir Avenue to Windermere Avenue
- Beaufort Avenue, from First Street to Silecroft Avenue
From 9 am to 11 am:
- Dunsmuir Avenue, from Egremont Road to Seventh Street (Fourth Street will be open until 9:30 am)
- Sixth Street, from Dunsmuir Avenue to Derwent Avenue