Cumberland Council has identified priority focus areas to guide the Village through this next year.
“Balancing our existing priorities with emerging matters can be a challenge. Council was able to prioritize some emerging items while staying on track with community priorities established in 2020,” says Mayor Leslie Baird. “I encourage all residents to take a look at the Village’s strategic priorities to have an understanding of the overall goals and objectives for the community.”
Key focus areas include:
- Initiatives to address housing affordability and availability
- Protection and enhancement of the natural environment including the carrying capacity of parks and trails
- Opportunities to address climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Development of the child care space creation project in partnership with School District 71
- The creation of an arts, culture and recreation master plan
- Bevan industrial area development
- Commitment to reconciliation with Indigenous peoples and the United Nations Declaration of Rights of Indigenous Peoples
The Village’s 2020-2023 Strategic Priorities were developed in June 2020 and communicate the priorities of Council and the community. The 2020-2023 Strategic Priorities also guide the Village’s corporate management and decision-making and allow the coordination of adequate resources.
View the 2021 Supplemental Update.Search again