Permits for small recreational fires are available online and at the Village Office. Permits are free of charge and are valid for the calendar year.
To be safe, small recreational fires must
- Be no larger than 0.5 m in diameter
- Be contained within a CSA approved fire appliance or a fire ring fitted with a screen of 9.5 mm (3/8 inch) or smaller mesh to restrict any sparks or flying debris
- Be located at least 1.5 m from any vegetation or combustable material
- Be located at least 3 m from any building, structure or fuel supply tank
- Burn clean wood – no garbage or other prohibited material.